Data-driven analysis of cloud infrastructure spending and optimization will enable you to increase the cost efficiencies for your multi-cloud implementations. Cloudwiry provides insights by applying our models and tooling to your historical data and expected future demand. Key areas of insights include cloud financial engineering, FinOps functions, and modernization assessment enabling our clients to make informed decisions for their cloud investments.
Cloudwiry will analyze the historical data using our AI/ML-based tooling and expertise and provide insights and recommendations necessary to efficiently plan for the next 3-5 years to meet your objectives for FinOps process automation.
Analysis of centralized vs federated reservation management for a multi-cloud implementation, understanding the impact on savings, reservation contract commitments, and operations.
- Analyze the historical data for AWS, Azure, and GCP to see how centralized and hybrid management of reservations would have performed for coverage, utilization, savings, and commitment.
- Identifying any additional savings that are attainable vs. the current reservation purchase model.
- Identifying any additional savings that are attainable vs. the current reservation purchase model identifying any additional savings that are attainable vs. the current reservation purchase model.
- Run different cloud providers at the same time in a single chart.
- Advice on any additional areas around reservation management, cost, and savings attribution for show back/chargeback.
- Savings projection and the expected performance of the current reservation management strategy.
- Comparison report of current strategy as compared with similarly sized other customers.
- Detailed savings projections for centrally managed reservation savings.
- Detailed savings projections for hybrid reservation savings.
- Detailed savings projections for guardrails driven automated centrally managed and hybrid reservation savings.
- Strengths and weaknesses of centralized vs federated vs hybrid reservation management.
- Recommendations for ideal reservation coverage levels to balance savings and unused capacity.
- Model the blend of savings instruments for each hyperscaler, comparing saving plan vs. convertible vs. standard RIs, one year vs. 3-year commitment levels to mitigate the risk of capacity swings of 0-50%.
Analysis of FinOps functions for optimization initiatives of rightsizing (VM, Disk, PaaS), zombie asset management, and federated cost governance with centralized initiatives management.
- Analyze the data for AWS, Azure, and GCP to size the savings potential for rightsizing initiatives.
- Analyze business process needs and propose the right KPIs for tracking the cost savings initiatives.
- Identify current friction points for adoption for savings initiatives.
- Recommend processes to measure and track the cost savings and to track KPIs for each line of business.
- Analyze existing execution strategy and operation model and identify benefits of moving to a federated cost governance model and central monitoring with KPIs.
- The lifecycle management plan for savings initiatives.
- Incorporating savings initiatives with budgeting and forecasting.
- Analyze the current budgeting & forecasting process and compare variance against industry best practices.
- Savings projection and the expected performance of the current rightsizing initiatives.
- Savings projection and the expected performance of the current refactoring, and re-platforming initiatives.
- Comparison report of current rightsizing strategy as compared with similarly sized other customers.
- Detailed savings projections for KPI-driven centrally managed rightsizing initiatives with federated buy-in and implementation.
- Recommended list of KPIs to drive rightsizing initiatives.
- Recommended list of analytics needed to get buy-in from application teams for rightsizing initiatives.
- Strengths and weaknesses of current process vs proposed rightsizing workflow.
- Quantitative and qualitative prioritization of the improvement potentials.
- Sample template Infrastructure as Code to capture best practices for a savings initiative to get application teams to buy-in.
- Workflow for providing centralized administration of savings initiatives with federated buy-in for cost governance driven by KPIs.
- Recommend systematic workflow for budgeting and forecasting aligned with business processes.
- Recommend budgeting & forecasting process to align with existing business processes and industry best practices.
Analysis of modernization options for each tier of your application portfolio and get insights and recommendations on the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) adopting cloud-native services and upgrading your monolithic applications to ARM, Spot, Functions, Containers, move to managed databases and database consolidation.
- Application discovery and categorize assets for different tiers of the application.
- Analyze TCO for future state options for Compute, Database, and Storage, including, but not limited to:
- Lambda/Functions, Fargate, Fargate Spot, EC2 Spot, AppRunner, Graviton, AMD, Containers (ECS/EKS/AKS), Spot.
- RDS Graviton, Babelfish, Aurora, Aurora Serverless.
- DB Consolidation review.
- Compute Consolidation.
- S3 tiering, Volume Rightsizing (i.e: GP2 to GP3 migration).
- Ingest data from existing APM implementations such as Datadog, New Relic or Dynatrace.
- Ingest data from existing Software Composition Analysis tooling such as CAST, Black Duck, SonarQube.
- Ingest productivity velocity for current state for operations & engineering.
- Ingest licensing inventory.
- Ingest enterprise discount levels to provide true TCO.
- Executive reporting for the TCO per application for the next 3-5 years for up to 3 modernization options per tier.
- Executive report for portfolio-level TCO for up to 3 modernization options per tier
- An executive report comparing costs for the future state of 10 applications across three different cloud providers to provide a cloud-to-cloud comparison.
- Report with monthly projected costs for all the future state options aforementioned.
- Compute Consolidation Options for the Application portfolio (per region and environment type).
- Database Consolidation Options for the Application portfolio (per region and environment type).